Friday, May 1, 2009

Mid-way through Tray 2

So, the first week of Tray 2 is done. They're loosening up a bit. Didn't have any pain with these trays luckily enough. The first few days they were really tight but not painful. They were difficult to get on and off and still taking a while to get them out.

With all the IPR I had, I'm really self-conscious about the space in my two front teeth so I've been keeping my trays in for a long time. I tend to not want to let people see me with the spacing in my teeth. I guess it's a good thing since the longer they are in, the better. Some days, I come home from work and take them off just so I can give my mouth a breather for about 15 minutes.

This past week I've also been out a lot and I've had to get used to brushing my teeth in a lot of public washrooms. Luckily,there haven't been a lot of people around since I feel like I'm taking out dentures sometimes!

The ortho gave me Trays 3 & 4 and I've been comparing Tray 2 (the one that I'm currently wearing) with Tray 4 and I don't see much of a difference. When I look at other people's blogs, it seems like their trays look significantly different but they have a much greater span between trays so maybe I'm expecting too much.

That's it for now. I'll post again when I start Tray 3

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I have invisalign too. I go an "Aligner Remover Tool" called an Outie on Amazon. It was $3.00. It is so much easier to get them out with this, especially when you get new trays. It is such a relief. Just thought I'd let you know.
    Good Luck,
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! I just looked at them and I'm going to order (they're $5.00 Canadian!). Last night I was at a restaurant and I went to the washroom and since there was no one around, I though I can do this quickly - and just as my hands were in my mouth, someone walked in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terrie! I started Invisalign on May 1st; yesterday (15 May 09) I started the 2nd tray.
    I signed up at RealSelf.com with a nick name of Crispy. It's very helpful to read everyone's blogs; I doubt that I'll start my own though. I'm an older Invisaligner, 66; I do hope it works! I have 15 uppers & 19 lowers. I also have two upper attachments & three lower attachments. I ordered an "outie" tool but it hasn't arrived yet so I've been using a paper towel.
    I haven't told anyone that I'm doing this, not even my husband! So far nobody has noticed. The bad part of this is that I can't do any complaining. I'm hoping to lose a little weight through all of this. Thanks for blogging; I know that I'll enjoy reading it.
    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crispy....that's awesome! I tried to order the 'outie' and unfortunately, Amazon Canada does not have this and I can't get it delivered here. Nonetheless, I've learned to get them on and off quite easy.

    Your husband hasn't noticed?? Wow! I've lost about 4 pounds....mainly from not being able to snack!
    Thanks for the comment! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrie...here's the web site that I ordered it from:

    http://www.outietool.com/FAQS.html

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Crispy! I also looked at Realself.com. I didn't know it existed before you mentioned it. Lots of great comments there and a good balance of negative vs positive comments.

    I'm going to order the outie tool from the website you mentioned.

    Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter