Friday, May 8, 2009

Tray 3 - The Beginning




Last night I started with Tray 3. Again, no real pain just feels tight. I didn't take any medication so it wasn't even that uncomfortable.




My only problem: I beginning to feel like there is no end to this. All day today I couldn't help but think "what have I done". During my last visit to my ortho, I had IPR done so I have these spaces in my top front 6 teeth and it looks terrible when I take my trays out. I'm feeling like I'll never get through this or I've made a big mistake. I'm starting to lose momentum in thinking that I've made the right choice. I've got thoughts of just going back to the orthodontist to tell him to put bonding on my teeth where he did some IPR and just leave it be. All I've been doing is reading other blogs to see if this is normal to have this feeling so early in treatment. I hope I don't lose the motivation.




I have attached a picture of what my teeth look like with the IPR. They look worse than when I started so this is why I'm feeling like I've made a big mistake!

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Don't give up. I am on tray 7 of 18. About a month into this I felt like I could not go on with it. But then I realized that it was only for 9 months and in the end I would finally have straight teeth, I am 39. You can do it. When I take my trays off I have weird spaces between my teeth, and the attachments across the front of my teeth look a little weird too. It will all work out in the end, but it is a little freaky to see every stage of it.

    Good Luck,
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support Addie! You're right about it being for a short time. My treatment is supposed to last 8 months. I'm so fixated on everyone's teeth right now and that's what's keeping me going. The good thing about the spacing in my teeth is that I prefer to have the trays in rather than out so keeping them in for the 22 hours plus each day has not been a problem.

    I'm 47 and I've wanted straight teeth forever! The good part is that the 8 months actually ends exactly on the day of my 48th birthday and I couldn't have asked for a nicer gift if it does actually happen on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there!

    I've just recently come across some of these invisalign blogs. I'm on tray 4. I started in mid April and it totally feels like it's never going to end. But then, I got tray 5 and 6 from my ortho. I compared tray 1 and 6 and there is definitely a small difference. It gives me hope! It keeps me going!

    Basically, don't give up!! You're only a few months away from those straight teeth you've always wanted! At least that's what I'm telling myself. We're worth it!

    -Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter